Wednesday, October 1, 2008

And We're Off!


Well October is here. This month is full of hope and excitement. The leaves aren't turning yet and the air is still somewhat warm. It feels like it wants to be cool but isn't quite there yet. October will not only bring my son's 15th birthday but it will also include my first ever and my mom's first ever 5k race.

We registered for a 5k in Hoboken on Oct. 11th. Three miles. This is our usual morning mileage which we can do in about 45 minutes between jogging and race walking. We don't plan to compete but we do plan to stay under 45 minutes. It's such a great feeling to have a goal. Something to look forward to. We're excited and hope our family will have fun cheering us on and get inspired to do one too. Our next one will be on Nov. 15th in Montclair. Next year we agreed that, God willing, we'll do an 8 or 10k in the beginning part of the year and work our way to a half marathon by the end. With some discipline, I know we can do it.

Thanks mom for inspiring me to get out there. Cause I sure need it after your arroz con gandules! Mmmm Mmmm! I'll post pictures of the event and keep you updated on how we did. Pray for us! :-)

No comments: