Thursday, December 30, 2010

My New Year's Song


Let's sing a new song in 2011. One of my favorite songs is called "Garden" by Need To Breathe and it describes Jesus' prayers in the Garden of Gethsemane before His death. The chorus, however, describes the author's longing for his life attitude to be like Jesus' attitude of total surrender to the Father. These are the words to the chorus:

"Let the songs I sing bring joy to you. Let the words I say confess my love. Let the notes I choose be your favorite tune and Father let my heart be after you."

This is all I want for the new year. To live a life that brings joy to the Father. That all I allow myself to speak would be a witness to the love I have for the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. That the choices I make be only out of the good and pleasing and perfect will of God.

In this new year, I couldn't wish, for you or for me, anything better than that our song for the new year would end with, "Father, let my heart be after you."

Happy New Year!

No comments: