Friday, October 12, 2007

Friday Night is Special


Every Friday night you can find my parents enjoying each other's company while sipping on their favorite drinks and eating some kind of surf and turf. This happens every Friday without fail. Neither my dad or mom make any outside plans with anyone, to do anything, except be home and relax with each other. Daddy's favorite music is playing, mom's mixing her gimlet and little toothpicks are poking out from the cheese and salami appetizers. I'm not sure how long ago this started but I suspect it was after the last of us left the house, which surprisingly, was me when I left for the 5th time! Of course anyone is invited to join them, which is great cause when you feel like some olives, stale tostitos and a beer, you know exactly where to go. :-) (That is if you don't mind the smooching.)

I love my parents very much. Especially for teaching me that in the life of a family and more importantly between a husband and a wife, being together counts and that Friday night is special.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well actually this started when I was still in the house! You get used to it to some degree but then an "unnecessary" comment flies out of one of their mouths and then it's time to leave!

You gotta love their commitment and love for one another!

Love you, Teena Weena