Monday, October 1, 2007

Spotlight on Garrett

This is my son Garrett Douglas Wilbur posing with my grandmother. He's a character and a half. He'll be 14 on Oct. 8th. He's about 6'1" and loves being tall. He loves basketball and can't wait to attend Villanova just like his dad did. He's funny, witty and creative. I love my son very much and I pray for him daily, asking God to help me be a better mom, so I can help him realize the purpose God has for his life. If we could just get reading books and reports down, we'd be alright. Looking for a tutor for him this year to help with English and study skills. Know anyone? He asks questions you'd probably wouldn't know how to answer as a mom. It's the whole middle school age mentality I suppose. One question he asked me was, "Would you love me more if I were a squirrel or Godzilla?" Godzilla's one of his faves. He used to walk around the house pretending he was the giant lizard (or whatever he is) by putting a belt down the back of his pants so it would hang down like a tail. He'd let out a big Godzilla screech and then stomp on top of his toy cars. Fiercely and intently looking at his next target (mom), he'd screech once more and then...stop, look around and say, "Could I have some chocolate milk?" Gotta love it! Here's to you my son!

No comments: