Friday, November 16, 2012

It's November?

I can't believe how fast time is going this year.  I heard that as you get older, your life goes as fast as your ages.  Right now my life is traveling at 46mph.  It seems so much faster.  By the time I'm 75, I won't be able to see clearly out the window, with everything whizzing by in a blur!

Since my last post, I've come to cherish family a little bit more than I have in years past.  After my son's graduation, we had news of cancer for my sister and my cousin.  I'm praising God that the pathology came back benign for my sis.  We bonded, through it, in a new way and are now looking to get healthier together.  As for my cousin, the news has not been as good, medically speaking.  It has progressed and he has gotten weaker.  Before the cancer, however, we hadn't been as close as when we were younger, growing up across the street from each other.  Today, I check on him and his wife, more often and try to spend more time with them.  It makes you think about saying good-bye to those we love.  How will that look like?  How much will it hurt?  What will life be like without the one who's gone ahead? 

My mom says cancer is a merciful disease because if often allows time for the person to get their house in order, as well as relationships.  So is the case, with my family and my cousin's family.  This is good news.  We have also had the opportunity to bring him and his wife, to the feet of Jesus, through it all, as well.  This is the best news.  Please pray for Hector and Michele Perez.  Ask God to lavish His peace, mercy and grace upon them during their trial.

This life is truly short, compared to eternity.  I try to keep that in mind. We all will have an eternal life, but we won't all be sharing the same one, if someone doesn't know Jesus.  This makes me sad, because it's the next life that will really count.  This one is just preparation for that.  I pray my focus will be eternal and I hope we will get to share it together.  Did you know that in heaven, there is no speed limit and life will not rush by?  There will be no time, at all.  We'll all be one family who we will never have to say good-bye to again.  What a wonderful thought.  What a wonderful reality it will be. 

No comments: